Expressing my thoughts about yoga and its importance…
I take this opportunity to express my point of view about Yoga and its importance. There could not be a better time like the current time when we talk about Yoga and Health and its importance. We all know that!!
Health is the real wealth for all of us. As we all are into the worldwide pandemic, the situation has taught us many things and one of the important aspects is to take care of our health and wellbeing. Yoga has become an “instrument” which most of us are using/trying to use to be healthy.
What is yoga?
Yoga is an inner science through which humans can achieve union between the body and mind to attain self-realization. By practicing yoga you can overcome all kinds of suffering and it can lead you to a sense of freedom.
Why should we practice yoga?
Practicing yoga helps to keep the mind and body healthy physically and mentally. For example, it keeps our blood pressure low, it helps our mind to connect with our soul, it keeps us in a good, calm, and happy mood, etc.
What are its benefits?
Yes, there are many benefits of yoga. They can be divided into three types — Physical, Mental, and Psychological benefits.
Some Physical, Mental, and Psychological benefits can be narrated as follows:
- It provides balance in the body.
- It brings more strength and improved flexibility.
- It lowers blood pressure and improves blood circulation.
- It decreases muscle stiffness.
- It improves respiration.
- It gives us more energy, calms our mind, improves our focus, keeps us positive, and helps in better concentration.
- It eases stress levels.
- It detoxifies the body.
- It keeps our heart and mind healthy.
- It helps to prevent mental health issues, nervousness, and anxiety.
We celebrate International Yoga Day on 21st June every year. It is celebrated to encourage everyone to do yoga as it has numerous benefits that we have noticed above. Everyone can do yoga and it doesn’t harm the body at all.
What is the Surya Namaskar? How is it beneficial?
The Surya Namaskar is also called “The Ultimate Asana” or “Sun Salutation” is a group of twelve asanas. “Surya” means Sun and “Namaskar” means “to bow to” or “to adore.” Doing the Surya Namaskar is also good for the body. Some benefits of doing Surya Namaskar are-
- It strengthens the bones and muscles.
- It improves our blood circulation and digestion.
- It helps to improve flexibility, helps burn excess fat, and improves your posture.
- It keeps the skin healthy and prevents hair loss.
- It improves concentration.
To summarize, I am sure, all of us understand the benefits and value that Yoga brings to us. I pray to God that everyone stays healthy and happy during this pandemic and am sure Yoga is an instrument that can be used to get all these benefits. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below and please feel free to provide me feedback/suggestions to improve. Thank you for taking the time to read and stay healthy and stay safe.
Disclaimer: The postings here are a personal point of view, thoughts, ideas of my own and from my experiences, readings from various sources, and do not necessarily represent any institute’s or any firm’s positions, strategies, opinions.