Express ourselves during the Summer
Summer is the hottest season of the year and the sun shines brightly with a clear sky. This season occurs when the Earth tilts towards the sun. We get a lot of variety of fruits and vegetables like mangoes, grapes, watermelons, musk melons, figs, herbs, ice apples, bell peppers, etc.
Many people love the summers as this is a very delightful season for kids because they get a 2–3 months summer vacation from school. Everyone also gets to eat ice cream! People can spend time with their families, invite their relatives and go to the beaches. Many kids love swimming which they can do in the summers, they can opt for summer camps or join new hobby classes and find a new hobby!
In this season, people should be careful of heatwaves. Heatwaves are increasing and we are observing a rise in heat-related deaths. As per WHO records, we understand that more than 166,000 people died due to heatwaves across the globe during the period of 1998–2017. There is a significant impact happening due to climate change. Due to environmental changes, changes related to climatic conditions, extreme temperature events are observed to be on the rise globally in their frequency, duration, and magnitude. Per WHO reports, the number of people exposed to heatwaves has increased by approximately 120 million between the period 2000 and 2016. Both urban and rural areas are getting impacted. All of these could have adverse effects due to the burden on health and emergency services, the strain on water and energy resources, etc. One of the biggest challenge that human mankind face today is that the Summers are becoming hotter every year because of global warming. Too much heat and carbon dioxide are getting trapped in the Earth’s atmosphere which results in excessive heating of the Earth.
Some ways to deal with it are the following:-
- Drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated. If you wish, you can drink coconut water. Drinking coconut water is a healthy way to keep the body hydrated.
- Use renewable energy. For ex- Use wind energy or solar energy.
- Use LED bulbs as they use about 70–80% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Use appliances that are energy efficient. These appliances reduce emissions. An easy way to identify energy-efficient appliances is to look for an energy star label on the product.
- Pull out the plugs that are not in use.
- Always try using a public bus, if not possible try car pulling with your friend while going to school, college or work.
- Buy products that are bio-degradable and products that can be recycled.
- Don’t buy excess products. For ex- Instead of buying four phones for a family who has two adults and a baby, it is better to buy only two.
In this situation, everyone needs to stay inside to be safe. This is very boring for kids and sometimes for adults too when they have nothing to do. So, to solve these problems, people can play family games, kids can do some DIYs, they can draw, paint, color, etc. They can also rearrange their toys, clothes, and books. They can learn to bake and bake with their siblings if they have any. Exercising will be helpful to keep our body fit.
The below picture shows the time I used to make a doodle in the current Summer.
The intent is to display my thoughts on summer.
Therefore, we should stay indoors as much as possible to protect ourselves from heatwaves. We should also try to contribute to each one of us to the extent possible so that we can reduce global warming and protect the earth.
Disclaimer: The postings here are a personal point of view, thoughts, ideas of my own and from my experiences, readings from various sources and do not necessarily represent any institute, firm positions, strategies, opinions.